What Is The Jeep Wave
As a Jeep owner, there are two different Waves that you can be a part of. The first is done every time you pass another Jeep driver in the form of a wave. The other is a program offered by Jeep. In this post we hope to answer the popular question “What is the Jeep wave?”
How Did The Jeep Wave Start?
There are three different theories on how the famous Jeep Wave got started. The first theory is that it was started back in WWII when soldiers would wave to each other while driving Jeeps on patrol or for transportation. Next is that it stared after the war. When returning soldiers purchased their first Jeep models and waved to acknowledge each other for their service.
The last and most popular theory is the wave started later in the 60s and 70s with the off roading culture as a way to salute another Jeeper. This last theory is the most probable because many car communities have their own waves as well.
Jeep Wave Rules
If you go by hierarchy, the lesser Jeep always waves first. Here are some guidelines for Jeep Wave rules:
- Age: Firstly, the older the model, the higher you are on the hierarchy. This rule goes along with the saying “respect your elders”.
- Accessories: Secondly, the more accessories you have the higher you are on the Jeep hierarchy. Modifications beyond the standard equipment increase your Jeep ranking. Prior to making any modifications, make sure they won’t affect your Jeep Extended Warranty if applicable. Having more accessories shows that you’re enthusiastic about being in the jeep community.
- Cleanliness: Lastly, the more mud and dirt thats on your Jeep, the more proof that it is well used and that you go off roading often. If a Jeep is caked in mud, it’s automatically at a higher status.
Although these rules are in place, if you see another Jeeper driving down the road be sure to give them a wave to show camaraderie.
Need more info on the Jeep Wave? Visit JLWranglerForums.com this Proper Jeep Wave Post has lots of great insight. Another key point, JLWranlger Forums is a great forum with a huge following. Altogether this is a great place to get more connected with the Jeep community.
This video from Trail Built goes further into how and why we do the wave. They also have the best off road wheels, tires and more to help with all your jeep accessory needs.
The Jeep Wave Program
With how popular the wave has become, Jeep has created its own extended warranty program called Jeep Wave to show their support and respect. This membership offers many benefits to qualifying vehicles.
You will automatically be enrolled in the Wave Program for 24 months if you buy or lease certain models, such as:
- Grand Cherokee
Jeep Wave Program Benefits
There are many benefits of using the Jeep Wave program and being in this community. We’ve noted a few of the key points below:
- Maintenance – Your first three tire rotations and oil changes are covered in the first 36 months of ownership. Along with no mileage limitation.
- Protection – Same day rental with no charge for maintenance. Trip interruption coverage at $1,000 each time it’s used, if your car breaks down over 100 miles away from home. 24/7 customer service with maintenance and towing assistance.
- Owner Support – Correspondingly, questions about your vehicle, scheduling service or anything else that’s needed can be accessed by calling 844-JEEP-WAVE, which is available 24/7.
- VIP – Overall, Members get preferred treatment at events across the country and access to exclusive events as well.
Jeep Wave Program Cost
If you purchase a new Jeep, you receive access to the Jeep Wave Program for three years as part of the deal. You won’t have to pay for oil changes or tire rotations for those three years on a new Jeep. If you haven’t recently purchased a new jeep and don’t plan on doing so, the cost is around $150 per year. Furthermore, you can reach out to your local dealer to find special programs or discounts on the Jeep wave program. Here is a great resource to Find Your Local Dealer.
Thank You For Viewing Our Post
We Hope It Was Informative and Helpful.
Chrysler Factory Warranty
Other Articles You May Enjoy.