How To Remove A Jeep Wrangler Soft Top
Here We Will Give You A Step By Step Guide On How To Remove A Jeep Wrangler Soft Top
With the Jeep Wranglers rugged look and unlimited off-road capability this vehicle screams adventure. This SUV may not be the refined quite ride your neighbor is getting out of there Honda CRV, But if you are a Wrangler owner you don’t care! When the trail less traveled gets rough, the mud gets deep or the snow starts to fly you are in the right SUV. The Wrangler has been the king of 4x4s for decades. When it comes to a no care aggressive look its impossible to beat. There is no other SUV with a removable top quite like the Wrangler. With that said the regular soft top is not exactly a push button convertible. We are glad to help. Below we will go over How To Remove A Jeep Wrangler Soft Top.
How To Remove A Jeep Wrangler Soft Top
Hopefully this helps you with the question of how to remove a Jeep Wrangler Soft Top. This is a easy step by step process that can be done with one person, but an extra set of hands makes it a lot easier.
- You will need to release your header latches. To get to your these latches, you’ll need to unclip your sun visors and move them to the side. Click open the header latches and release them from the loops.
- You will want to unzip and remove the rear quarter windows and the back window. Be sure to put these somewhere safe. These windows can be scratched fairly easy.
- The rear 2 corner pieces are called rear sail flaps. Your will want to pull down and out on these to release them. You then want to fold them over the top of the Wrangler soft top.
- Next, you’ll be removing the rear sail panel retainers, which are the vertical pieces covering the rear corners. Simply untuck these pieces and fold them up and over the roof of your Jeep.
- You now want to release the latch pedals above both driver and passenger side door jams. You will want to pull down on these to release them. The first few times they may seem a little tricky.
- You will need to find the latch on the bars just above the front of the rear windows. Release the latch and slide the Wrangler top back on the railing until it folds over itself. You can rest the U-shaped bar at the back of your Jeep. You will use the provided Velcro to attach the bars together.
Now your Jeep is topless and your ready for some fun in the sun! See The Great Instructional Video Below Or Watch on YouTube Here>>www.youtube.com/Jeep-Soft-Top (Link Will Open In New Tab)
How Long Is Your Soft Top Covered Under Your Jeep Warranty? & What Is Covered Under The Jeep Warranty?
The freedom of taking the top down is a great and popular selling point to the Wrangler. With that said, there are a lot of moving parts and removable pieces involved with the soft top. With a lot of the Wrangler Soft top consisting of soft trim items it is tough to know what is covered under The Jeep Warranty and what is not. Here we will go over what is covered and for how long. For this tough question I went right to the professionals at a Jeep Dealership.
Your Jeep Warranty Consists Of A 3 Year 36,000 Mile Basic Warranty(Referred To As The Bumper To Bumper) It Also Has A 5 Year 60,000 Mile Powertrain Warranty.
Your Jeep Wrangler soft op is going to be covered under the 3 Year 36,000 Basic Warranty. This coverage includes all hardware moving parts or anything that goes wrong do to manufacturer defect. This does not include damage to the top or windows as the result of excess wear. Hopefully this helps explain this coverage a little better. If ever you have any question about something being covered or not. I suggest visiting your local Jeep dealer.
Jeep Extended Warranty
Your Jeep Warranty does stop covering your Jeep Bumper-Bumper at the 3 Year or 36,000 Mile mark which ever comes first. You do although have the option to extend this coverage. The Jeep Extended Warranty is very reasonably priced and there is 0% financing available at no extra charge.
Visit Our Jeep Extended Warranty Site Here: www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Types Of Jeep Extended Warranties
Here are a few links to the different types of Jeep Extended Warranties that are available. Also feel free to call one of our Jeep Extended Warranty Specialists at 855-730-1290
- MAXIMUM CARE BROCHURE pdf
- ADDED CARE PLUS BROCHURE pdf
- POWERTRAIN CARE PLUS BROCHURE pdf
- LIFT KIT COVERAGE pdf
Best Place To Buy A New Wrangler Top
The Jeep Wrangler soft tops are durable and rugged but sometimes things happen. With the Wrangler and its off-road capabilities it a little more prone for some story worthy injuries. With this said there are lots of places to buy lots of different brands of tops. But where is the best place to buy a new Wrangler top? There are lots of great manufacturers out there one being Bestop. (the provider of our video below) If you are looking for a complete replacement or a custom top this is a great choice.
Sticking with a genuine mopar top can have its perks as well. The reason being is it is the same thing you already have. This gives you the opportunity to reuse parts. You can just replace this piece or that one. Also you can actually order just what you need. What ever you order will be matched to your vehicle. If this sounds like the right choice for you don’t pay full retail for these parts. Contact this discount mopar parts store. They can ship anywhere in the U.S. Link Here>> https://www.billgaddischrysler.com/parts/mopar.htm (This Link Will Open In A New Tab)