Chevy Equinox Recall
If you have owned a vehicle in the last 10 years, then you have most likely received a recall through the mail at some point. The Chevy Equinox is no different when it comes to a recall. We have put together a list of the majority of the Chevy Equinox Recalls up to this date for you. Your recalls can affect the way a vehicle performs or handles. A recall could also be a safety concern. Either way you want to always address any open recalls. Here is a list of all the recalls we could find on an Equinox to date.
Chevy Equinox Powertrain Recalls
Some of the most searched for recalls are in regard to the Chevy Powertrain. Below we have tried to break out all the different types of Chevy Equinox Powertrain Recalls. This should make it easier to see if your Chevrolet Powertrain has any. If you are having problems with your Chevy Powertrain and do not see a relevant recall, you can check to see if your covered under the Chevrolet Powertrain Warranty.
- Recall # 20V668000 Date: 2020-10-29 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain 2018-2019 Chevrolet Cruze and Buick LaCrosse, 2018-2020 Chevrolet Equinox, Chevrolet Traverse and GMC Terrain, 2018 Chevrolet Malibu, 2019-2020 Buick Encore, Buick Enclave, Cadillac XT4, Chevrolet Blazer and GMC Acadia, and 2020 Cadillac XT6 vehicles. The start/stop accumulator endcap may have missing bolts.
- Recall # 17V516000 Date: 2017-08-22 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain 2018 Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles and 2017-2018 GMC Acadia vehicles. The right front intermediate driveshaft may fracture and separate while driving.
- Recall # 04V302000 Date: 2004-06-23 Recall: CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 114, ‘THEFT PROTECTION.’ AN IGNITION KEY PARK LOCK CABLE END FITTING WAS NOT FULLY SEATED ON THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SHIFTER NAIL HEAD DURING INSTALLATION.
This concludes our Chevy Equinox Powertrain Recall list.
We hope this made it easier to find the Chevy Equinox Powertrain Recall you were looking for. If you are having issues with the powertrain and would like to get some feedback from someone that has had similar issues. I highly recommend the following Chevy Equinox Forum. Chevy Equinox Forum – This forum is a great tool and is also a strong pillar in the Equinox community.
Here Is The List Of The Remaining Chevy Equinox Recalls By Date.
- Recall # 23V869000 Date: 2023-12-21 Recall: General Motors, LLC is recalling certain 2024 Chevrolet Blazer, Blazer EV, Equinox, and GMC Terrain vehicles. The door strikers may fracture, resulting in the door opening unexpectedly.
- Recall # 23V339000 Date: 2023-05-11 Recall: General Motors, LLC is recalling certain 2020-2023 Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles. The four rear-seat lower child seat LATCH anchorage bars may have excessive powder coating, which could prevent a child seat from being installed with the anchorage bars. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 225, “Child Restraint Anchorage Systems.”
- Recall # 23V013000 Date: 2023-01-19 Recall: General Motors, LLC is recalling certain 2021-2022 Chevrolet Equinox and 2022 GMC Terrain vehicles. The fuel pump module may not consistently provide sufficient fuel to the engine, resulting in an engine stall.
- Recall # 22V929000 Date: 2022-12-15 Recall: General Motors, LLC is recalling certain 2023 Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles equipped with ventilated front passenger seats. The Occupant Classification System may not properly disable the front passenger air bag when there is a small child or child restraint detected in the seat.
- Recall # 22V724000 Date: 2022-09-29 Recall: General Motors, LLC is recalling certain 2022-2023 Chevrolet Equinox and 2022 GMC Terrain vehicles. The driver’s seat may have a stripped or loose bolt at the seat frame height-adjust pivot.
- Recall # 22V359000 Date: 2022-05-19 Recall: General Motors, LLC is recalling certain 2021 Chevrolet Malibu, 2022 Chevrolet Equinox, Blazer and Cadillac XT4 vehicles. The driver’s seat cushion frame may have an improper weld in the power tilt-adjustment mechanism.
- Recall # 22V165000 Date: 2022-03-17 Recall: General Motors, LLC is recalling certain 2014-2015 Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles. The ball joints in the windshield wiper module may corrode, causing one or both windshield wipers to fail.
- Recall # 21V612000 Date: 2021-08-05 Recall: General Motors, LLC is recalling certain 2021-2022 Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles equipped with certain Hankook tires. The tires may have been manufactured with an insufficient amount of curative agent, which could cause tread separation.
- Recall # 20V811000 Date: 2020-12-23 Recall: General Motors, LLC is recalling certain 2020 Chevrolet Bolt EV and 2021 GMC Canyon and Sierra 1500, 2500 and 3500, Yukon, Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV and Chevrolet Blazer, Camaro, Colorado, Equinox, Silverado 1500, 2500 and 3500, Suburban and Tahoe vehicles. Incorrect bolts may have been used at one or more fastening locations to secure the seat belts to the vehicle. If an incorrect bolt was used, the seat belt may not be properly attached to the vehicle.
- Recall # 19V704000 Date: 2019-10-03 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain 2020 Chevrolet Equinox vehicles. The rear brake calipers may have been produced with an incorrect lubricant, potentially causing the rubber seals to swell and the brakes to drag.
- Recall # 19V667000 Date: 2019-09-19 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain 2019-2020 Chevrolet Equinox all-wheel drive vehicles. The fuel tanks may have been manufactured with an improperly sealed seam, possibly allowing fuel to leak along the seam near the fuel inlet.
- Recall # 19V184000 Date: 2019-03-07 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles. The rear-right seat may have insufficient welds on the head-restraint bracket.
- Recall # 18V576000 Date: 2018-08-30 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain 2018-2019 Chevrolet Equinox, Impala, Cruze, Volt and Bolt EV vehicles, GMC Terrain vehicles, Buick Lacrosse and Regal vehicles, Cadillac XTS and XTS Professional vehicles and 2018 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles. The rear brake caliper pistons may have an insufficient coating causing gas pockets to form, potentially reducing rear brake performance.
- Recall # 18V358000 Date: 2018-05-31 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain 2018 Buick LaCrosse, Cadillac ATS, Chevrolet Equinox, Malibu and Colorado and GMC Terrain, Acadia and Canyon vehicles. The high-pressure fuel pump may detach from its mounting flange, possibly resulting in the pump damaging the high-pressure fuel line.
- Recall # 18V252000 Date: 2018-04-19 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain 2018 Chevrolet Equinox vehicles. The driver and front passenger door window glass may not be properly tempered. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 205, “Glazing Materials.”
- Recall # 16V582000 Date: 2016-08-04 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain model year 2013 Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the ball joints in the windshield wiper module may corrode and wear over time, possibly resulting in one or both of the windshield wipers becoming inoperative.
- Recall # 16V502000 Date: 2016-07-05 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 Buick Verano and 2016 Chevrolet Malibu as the electronic park lock lever may allow the ignition key to be removed without the transmission being in PARK. Also, certain 2013 Buick Encore, 2011 Buick Regal, 2013-2014 Buick Verano, 2011-2016 Chevrolet Cruze, 2010-2013 Chevrolet Equinox 2013-2015 Chevrolet Malibu, and 2011-2013 GMC Terrain vehicles may have been serviced with similar defective replacement electronic park lock levers. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 114, “Theft Protection and Rollaway Prevention.”
- Recall # 16V449000 Date: 2016-06-21 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain model year 2016 Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles manufactured October 16, 2015. The certification labels may have incorrect tire/rim size and cold tire pressure information. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, “Tire Selection and Rims.”
- Recall # 15V666000 Date: 2015-10-16 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain model year 2015 Buick LaCrosse, Cadillac XTS, Chevrolet Camaro, Equinox, Malibu, and GMC Terrain vehicles. The affected vehicles have front seat-mounted side impact air bags whose inflator may rupture upon its deployment.
- Recall # 14V447000 Date: 2014-07-23 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Buick LaCrosse, Regal and Chevrolet Camaro, as well as certain 2010-2012 Cadillac SRX, Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles, equipped with power height adjustable driver and passenger seats. In the affected vehicles, the bolt that secures the driver’s and passenger’s power front seat height adjuster may fall out causing the seat to drop suddenly to the lowest vertical position.
- Recall # 11V511000 Date: 2011-10-18 Recall: GENERAL MOTORS IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2012 CHEVROLET EQUINOX AND GMC TERRAIN VEHICLES, MANUFACTURED FROM JULY 18, 2011, THROUGH SEPTEMBER 6, 2011, FOR FAILING TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER 138, “TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM” (TPMS). THE TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM IS DESIGNED TO ILLUMINATE THE TIRE PRESSURE WARNING LIGHT WHEN THE PRESSURE IN A TIRE IS 25% BELOW THE RECOMMENDED COLD TIRE PRESSURE. ON THESE VEHICLES, THE LIGHT WILL NOT ILLUMINATE UNTIL THE TIRE PRESSURE IS MORE THAN 25% BELOW THE RECOMMENDED COLD TIRE PRESSURE.
- Recall # 10V623000 Date: 2010-12-15 Recall: GENERAL MOTORS IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 CADILLAC SRX, CHEVROLET EQUINOX AND GMC TERRAIN VEHICLES. THE DRIVER AND /OR FRONT PASSENGER SAFETY BELT BUCKLE ANCHOR MAY FRACTURE AND SEPARATE NEAR THE SEAT ATTACHMENT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.
- Recall # 09V489000 Date: 2009-12-18 Recall: GENERAL MOTORS IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010 CHEVROLET EQUINOX AND GMC TERRAIN VEHICLES FOR FAILING TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 103, “WINDSHIELD DEFROSTING AND DEFOGGING SYSTEMS AND WITH FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 101, CONTROLS AND DISPLAYS”. THE SOFTWARE IN THE CENTER INSTRUMENT PANEL CAN CAUSE THE HEATING, AIR CONDITIONING, DEFROST, AND RADIO CONTROLS, AS WELL AS THE PANEL ILLUMINATION TO BECOME INOPERATIVE.
- Recall # 07V520000 Date: 2007-11-07 Recall: CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES NOT EQUIPPED WITH OPTIONAL ROOF RAIL AIRBAGS OR OPTIONAL SUNROOF FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 201,”OCCUPANT PROTECTION IN INTERIOR IMPACT.” DURING NHTSA IMPACT TESTS, THE INTERIOR OCCUPANT PROTECTION TEST POINTS EXCEEDED THE STANDARD REQUIREMENTS.
- Recall # 07V344000 Date: 2007-08-06 Recall: CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 208, “OCCUPANT CRASH PROTECTION.” IN THESE VEHICLES, THE RIGHT FRONT PASSENGER SEAT IS BUILT WITH A PASSENGER SENSING SYSTEM. WHEN TESTED WITH A REPRESENTATIVE UNRESTRAINED SMALL ADULT, THE SYSTEM IS REQUIRED TO TURN THE RIGHT FRONT PASSENGER’S FRONTAL AIRBAG ON. AN ERROR IN THE SEAT SENSOR CALIBRATION CAN CAUSE IT TO FAIL THIS TEST. IN ADDITION, THIS CONDITION CAN PREVENT THE AIRBAG FROM TURNING OFF WHEN THE SEAT IS OCCUPIED BY A SMALL CHILD.
- Recall # 07V242000 Date: 2007-06-13 Recall: CERTAIN VEHICLES FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 212, “WINDSHIELD MOUNTING.” AN INCORRECT PRIMER MAY HAVE BEEN USED WHEN INSTALLING THE WINDSHIELD. THE SAME PRIMER MAY HAVE ALSO BEEN APPLIED TO THE LIFTGATE GLASS AND THE SIDE STATIONARY GLASS.
Will A Recall Effect Your Equinox Warranty
Most recalls are continually honored by your dealership. The dealer will generally just want to perform the recall and get you on your way. Will a recall effect your Chevrolet warranty? To answer this, a recall will not affect your warranty or the ability of you getting a warranty. If you would like to know more about a Chevrolet Extended Warranty, please visit our main site.
Get An Instant Chevy Warranty Quote
Your Chevy Equinox may qualify for an extended warranty. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Visit our site and get an instant Chevrolet Warranty Quote. You can also call 855-730-1290 and let one of our Warranty Specialists help find the right warranty for you.
Chevy Equinox Extended Warranty Options
Here we will go over your Chevy Equinox Extended Warranty Options. The high dollar powertrain should be your main concern. Mopar Powertrain Plus will take care of this at a really fair price. If you are looking for a little better coverage and are ok excluding some of the smaller items, you should consider the Mopar Added Care Plus. If you want to pay the little extra and know that most everything is covered, you want to go with the Mopar Maximum Care. All of these plans have a large list of components that are covered. To help with questions you can find printable brochures below.