Chevy Camaro Recall
If you have owned a vehicle in the last 10 years, then you have most likely received a recall through the mail at some point. The Chevy Camaro is no different when it comes to a recall. We have put together a list of the majority of the Chevy Camaro Recalls up to this date for you. Your recalls can affect the way a vehicle performs or handles. A recall could also be a safety concern. Either way you want to always address any open recalls. Here is a list of all the recalls we could find on a Camaro to date.
Chevy Camaro Powertrain Recalls
Some of the most searched for recalls are in regard to the Chevy Powertrain. Below we have tried to break out all the different types of Chevy Camaro Powertrain Recalls. This should make it easier to see if your Chevrolet Powertrain has any. If you are having problems with your Chevy Powertrain and do not see a relevant recall, you can check to see if your covered under the Chevrolet Powertrain Warranty.
- Recall # 21V188000 Date: 2021-03-18 Recall: General Motors, LLC is recalling certain 2021 Chevrolet Camaro vehicles. The left or right axle shaft may be missing a retaining ring, which could allow the axle shaft to separate while driving.
This concludes our Chevy Camaro Powertrain Recall list.
We hope this made it easier to find the Chevy Camaro Powertrain Recall you were looking for. If you are having issues with the powertrain and would like to get some feedback from someone that has had similar issues. I highly recommend the following Chevy Camaro Forum. Camaro Forums – Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum – This forum is a great tool and is also a strong pillar in the Camaro community.
Here Is The List Of The Remaining Chevy Camaro Recalls By Date.
- Recall # 01V381 Date: Unknown Recall: Certain passenger vehicles fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 208, “Occupant Crash Protection,” and No. 214, “Side Impact Protection.” These vehicles may have welds near the lower driver’s side door hinge that do not meet specifications. In a crash, an occupant could receive severe injuries.
- Recall # 96V219000 Date: Unknown Recall: These vehicles were manufactured with seat belt retractors out of design position which can cause the retractor to lock-up on slopes less severe than the FMVSS requirement. This does not comply with FMVSS #209, “Seat Belt Assemblies.”
- Recall # 23V516000 Date: 2023-07-27 Recall: General Motors, LLC is recalling certain 2013 Buick Verano, Chevrolet Camaro, Sonic, and Volt vehicles. The driver-side air bag inflator may explode during deployment due to a manufacturing defect.
- Recall # 21V211000 Date: 2021-03-25 Recall: General Motors, LLC is recalling certain 2017-2021 Chevrolet Camaro vehicles. The plastic “Camaro” emblem, located on the steering wheel air bag cover, may separate during deployment of the frontal driver air bag.
- Recall # 20V811000 Date: 2020-12-23 Recall: General Motors, LLC is recalling certain 2020 Chevrolet Bolt EV and 2021 GMC Canyon and Sierra 1500, 2500 and 3500, Yukon, Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV and Chevrolet Blazer, Camaro, Colorado, Equinox, Silverado 1500, 2500 and 3500, Suburban and Tahoe vehicles. Incorrect bolts may have been used at one or more fastening locations to secure the seat belts to the vehicle. If an incorrect bolt was used, the seat belt may not be properly attached to the vehicle.
- Recall # 19V837000 Date: 2019-11-21 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain 2020 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Camaro, Silverado 1500, Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Sierra 1500, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles. The fuel pump may be missing a pressure regulator, allowing for over-pressurization of the fuel system.
- Recall # 19V086000 Date: 2019-02-07 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain 2016-2018 Cadillac CTS, and 2017 Cadillac ATS, Chevrolet Camaro, and Chevrolet Corvette vehicles. The electric power steering assist system may fail.
- Recall # 16V084000 Date: 2016-02-11 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain model year 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, Malibu, Silverado and GMC Sierra vehicles. The radio may intermittently fail to provide an audio warning when the key has been left in the ignition and the door is opened or when the driver does not fasten their seat belt. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards number 114, “Theft Protection”, and/or 208, “Occupant Crash Protection.”
- Recall # 15V666000 Date: 2015-10-16 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain model year 2015 Buick LaCrosse, Cadillac XTS, Chevrolet Camaro, Equinox, Malibu, and GMC Terrain vehicles. The affected vehicles have front seat-mounted side impact air bags whose inflator may rupture upon its deployment.
- Recall # 14V447000 Date: 2014-07-23 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Buick LaCrosse, Regal and Chevrolet Camaro, as well as certain 2010-2012 Cadillac SRX, Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles, equipped with power height adjustable driver and passenger seats. In the affected vehicles, the bolt that secures the driver’s and passenger’s power front seat height adjuster may fall out causing the seat to drop suddenly to the lowest vertical position.
- Recall # 14V409000 Date: 2014-07-02 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain model year 2014 Buick Regal, Cadillac XTS, Chevrolet Camaro and Chevrolet Impala vehicles. Improperly torqued fasteners may cause the steering intermediate shaft and the steering gear and/or the lower control arm and the lower ball joint to separate.
- Recall # 14V346000 Date: 2014-06-20 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling all 2010-2014 Chevrolet Camaro vehicles manufactured December 3, 2008, to May 23, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the driver may accidentally hit the ignition key with their knee, unintentionally knocking the key out of the run position, turning off the engine.
- Recall # 14V300000 Date: 2014-06-06 Recall: General Motors LLC is recalling certain model year 2012 Buick Verano vehicles manufactured December 2, 2011, to July 16, 2012, Chevrolet Cruze vehicles manufactured December 7, 2011, to July 25, 2012, Chevrolet Sonic vehicles manufactured December 5, 2011, to August 2, 2012, and Chevrolet Camaro vehicles manufactured December 1, 2011, to June 11, 2012. The driver side frontal air bag has a shorting bar which may intermittently contact the air bag terminals.
- Recall # 13V463000 Date: 2013-09-26 Recall: General Motors is recalling certain model year 2013 and 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Coupes manufactured June 9, 2013, through September 6, 2013. In the affected vehicles, the required air bag warning label on the sun visor may peel off. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 208 “Occupant Crash Protection.”
- Recall # 13V023000 Date: 2013-01-24 Recall: General Motors is recalling certain model year 2012 Chevrolet Camaro, Buick Verano, Chevrolet Cruze, and Chevrolet Sonic vehicles. The driver side frontal air bag has a shorting bar which may intermittently contact the air bag terminals.
- Recall # 09V155000 Date: 2009-05-06 Recall: GM IS RECALLING 1,243 MY 2010 CHEVROLET CAMARO EQUIPPED WITH A V8 ENGINE. THE POSITIVE BATTERY CABLE MAY CONTACT THE STARTER MOTOR HOUSING AND CAUSE WEAR ON THE CABLE INSULATION. IF THE INSULATION WEARS THROUGH TO THE CABLE, IT COULD CREATE A SHORT.
Will A Recall Effect Your Camaro Warranty
Most recalls are continually honored by your dealership. The dealer will generally just want to perform the recall and get you on your way. Will a recall effect your Chevrolet warranty? To answer this, a recall will not affect your warranty or the ability of you getting a warranty. If you would like to know more about a Chevrolet Extended Warranty, please visit our main site.
Get An Instant Chevy Warranty Quote
Your Chevy Camaro may qualify for an extended warranty. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Visit our site and get an instant Chevrolet Warranty Quote. You can also call 855-730-1290 and let one of our Warranty Specialists help find the right warranty for you.
Chevy Camaro Extended Warranty Options
Here we will go over your Chevy Camaro Extended Warranty Options. The high dollar powertrain should be your main concern. Mopar Powertrain Plus will take care of this at a really fair price. If you are looking for a little better coverage and are ok excluding some of the smaller items, you should consider the Mopar Added Care Plus. If you want to pay the little extra and know that most everything is covered, you want to go with the Mopar Maximum Care. All of these plans have a large list of components that are covered. To help with questions you can find printable brochures below.