Toyota Tundra Recall
If you have owned a vehicle in the last 10 years, then you have most likely received a recall through the mail at some point. The Toyota Tundra is no different when it comes to a recall. We have put together a list of the majority of the Toyota Tundra Recalls up to this date for you. Your recalls can affect the way a vehicle performs or handles. A recall could also be a safety concern. Either way you want to always address any open recalls. Here is a list of all the recalls we could find on a Tundra to date.
Toyota Tundra Powertrain Recalls
Some of the most searched for recalls are in regard to the Toyota Powertrain. Below we have tried to break out all the different types of Toyota Tundra Powertrain Recalls. This should make it easier to see if your Toyota Powertrain has any. If you are having problems with your Toyota Powertrain and do not see a relevant recall, you can check to see if your covered under the Toyota Powertrain Warranty.
- Recall # 07V579000 Date: 2007-12-14 Recall: Toyota recalls certain Tundra vehicles due to the improper heat treatment on the slip yokes during manufacturing. This manufacturing error could result in insufficient hardness on the slip yoke, which could result in a loss of vehicle control or a fuel leak.
This concludes our Toyota Tundra Powertrain Recall list.
We hope this made it easier to find the Toyota Tundra Powertrain Recall you were looking for. If you are having issues with the powertrain and would like to get some feedback from someone that has had similar issues. I highly recommend the following Toyota Tundra Forum. Toyota Tundra Forum – This forum is a great tool and is also a strong pillar in the Tundra community.
Here Is The List Of The Remaining Toyota Tundra Recalls By Date.
- Recall # 00V103 Date: Unknown Recall: Toyota recalls certain Tundra vehicles with a trailer hitch wiring harness and converter that could possibly short circuit when water enters the converter housing. When the short circuit happens, it could lead to a converter failure.
- Recall # 19V741000 Date: 2019-10-17 Recall: Toyota recalls 2003-2006 Tundra vehicles and certain 4Runner, Corolla, RAV4, Sequoia, Sienna, Yaris, and Lexus vehicles. These vehicles have replacement air bag inflators at risk of exploding due to propellant degradation.
- Recall # 18V883000 Date: 2018-12-12 Recall: Toyota recalls the 2003-2005 Tundra vehicles and certain Lexus, Sequoia, and Corolla vehicles. These vehicles have replacement air bag inflators that could explode due to propellant degradation.
- Recall # 16V396000 Date: 2016-06-02 Recall: Toyota recalls the 2005-2010 Tundra vehicles and certain 4Runner, Highlander, Sequoia, Sienna, Avalon, Camry, Tacoma, FJ Cruiser, Venza, Prius, and Corolla vehicles. These vehicles have seat heaters with copper strand heating element that could be damaged due to seat cushion compression.
- Recall # 16V065000 Date: 2016-02-05 Recall: Toyota recalls the 2005-2006 Tundra vehicles and certain Land Cruiser, Lexus, Sequoia, and 4Runner vehicles. These vehicles have an improperly programmed air bag control module, causing the air bags to deploy inadvertently.
- Recall # 15V286000 Date: 2015-05-13 Recall: Toyota recalls the 2005-2006 Tundra vehicles and certain Lexus, Corolla, and Sequoia vehicles. These vehicles have air bag inflators that could rupture upon deployment of the air bags.
- Recall # 15V285000 Date: 2015-05-13 Recall: Toyota recalls the 2003-2004 Tundra vehicles manufactured from March 2003 to August 2004 due to a safety defect in the passenger side air bag inflator, causing excessive internal pressure and risk an air bag inflator rupture.
- Recall # 14V743000 Date: 2014-11-19 Recall: Toyota recalls the 2006-2011 Tundra vehicles and certain Prius, Corolla, Venza, Avalon, FJ Cruiser, Sienna, Sequoia, Tacoma, RAV4, and 4Runner vehicles. These vehicles have damaged seat heater wiring due to seat cushion compression.
- Recall # 14V655000 Date: 2014-10-20 Recall: Toyota recalls the 2003-2005 Tundra vehicles and certain Lexus, Sequoia, and Corolla vehicles. These vehicles have air bag inflators that could rupture upon deployment.
- Recall # 14V312000 Date: 2014-06-11 Recall: Toyota recalls the 2003-2004 Tundra vehicles and certain Sequoia, Lexus, and Corolla vehicles due to a safety defect in the passenger air bag inflator, which could rupture upon deployment.
- Recall # 13V133000 Date: 2013-04-11 Recall: Toyota recalls the 2002-2004 Tundra vehicles due to a safety defect in the passenger air bags that could rupture upon deployment.
- Recall # 12V491000 Date: 2012-10-10 Recall: Toyota recalls the 2007-2009 Tundra vehicles and certain Camry, Corolla, Sequoia, Highlander, Yaris, and RAV4 vehicles. These vehicles have power window master switch assemblies manufactured using less precise lubrication on their internal components, which can cause them to malfunction or overheat.
- Recall # 10V036000 Date: 2010-02-03 Recall: Toyota recalls the 2005-2011 Tundra vehicles missing the load carrying capacity modification labels. These vehicles do not conform with the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard on “Tire Selection and Rims.”
- Recall # 10V035000 Date: 2010-01-26 Recall: Toyota recalls the 2005-2010 Tundra vehicles sold from September 2005 to June 2008 due to missing the load carrying capacity modification labels. These vehicles do not comply with the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard on “Tire Selection and Rims.”
- Recall # 09V388000 Date: 2009-10-05 Recall: Toyota recalls the 2004-2010 Tundra vehicles due to the possibility of the accelerator pedal being stuck due to an incompatible driver’s floor mat.
- Recall # 07V013000 Date: 2007-01-18 Recall: Toyota recalls certain Tundra vehicles due to improper finishing of the front suspension lower ball joint, causing an incidental deterioration of the internal lubrication. It could result in increased steering effort and front suspension noise.
Will A Recall Effect Your Tundra Warranty
Most recalls are continually honored by your dealership. The dealer will generally just want to perform the recall and get you on your way. Will a recall effect your Toyota warranty? To answer this, a recall will not affect your warranty or the ability of you getting a warranty. If you would like to know more about a Toyota Extended Warranty, please visit our main site.
Get An Instant Toyota Warranty Quote
Your Toyota Tundra may qualify for an extended warranty. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Visit our site and get an instant Toyota Warranty Quote. You can also call 855-730-1290 and let one of our Warranty Specialists help find the right warranty for you.
Toyota Tundra Extended Warranty Options
Here we will go over your Toyota Tundra Extended Warranty Options. The high dollar powertrain should be your main concern. Mopar Powertrain Plus will take care of this at a really fair price. If you are looking for a little better coverage and are ok excluding some of the smaller items, you should consider the Mopar Added Care Plus. If you want to pay the little extra and know that most everything is covered, you want to go with the Mopar Maximum Care. All of these plans have a large list of components that are covered. To help with questions you can find printable brochures below.