Jeep Wrangler Recall
if you have owned a vehicle in the last 10 years, than you have most likely received a recall through the mail at some point. The Jeep Wrangler is no different when it comes to a recall. We have put together a list of the majority of the Jeep Wrangler Recalls up to this date for you. Your Jeep Wrangler Recalls can effect the way a vehicle performs or handles. A recall could also be a safety concern. Either way you want to always address any open recalls. Here is a list of all the recalls we could find on a Wrangler to date. For a general list of safety recalls your can visit any Jeep Dealership near you. Use this great tool to locate a Dealer near you. https://www.autotrader.com/car-dealers
Jeep Wrangler Powertrain Recall
Some of the most searched for recalls are in regards to the Jeep Powertrain. Below we have tried to break out all the different types of Jeep Wrangler Powertrain Recall. This should make it easier to see if your Jeep Powertrain has any. If you are having problems with your Jeeps Powertrain and do not see a relevant recall, you can check to see if your covered under the Jeep Powertrain Warranty.
- Recall # 18V280000 Date: 04-30-2018 Recall: Certain 2018 Dodge Charger, Durango and Challenger, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Wrangler, Chrysler 300, and RAM 1500 vehicles. An incorrect transmission park lock rod may have been installed in the transmission.
- Recall # 13V234000 Date: 06-04-2013 Recall: Certain model year 2012-2013 Jeep Wrangler vehicles equipped with a 3.6L engine and an automatic transmission and manufactured January 23, 2011, through February 23, 2013. The power steering line may contact and wear a hole in the transmission oil cooler line resulting in a loss of transmission fluid.
- Recall # 12V216000 Date: 05-15-2015 Recall: Certain MODEL YEAR 2010 JEEP WRANGLER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. THE TRANSMISSION SKID PLATE, WHICH IS CLOSE TO THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER, CAN COLLECT DEBRIS.
- Recall # 11V145000 Date: 03-01-2011 Recall: Certain MODEL YEAR 2010-2011 JEEP WRANGLER VEHICLES MANUFACTURER FROM JULY 12, 2010, THROUGH SEPTEMBER 10, 2010. SOME VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE A DEGRADATION OF FASTENER TORQUE FOR VARIOUS FRONT AND REAR AXLE ATTACHMENTS TO THE CHASSIS MODULE.
- Recall # 09V436000 Date: 11-03-2009 Recall: Certain MODEL YEAR 2007 THROUGH 2008 JEEP WRANGLER MANUFACTURE BETWEEN JUNE 2006 THROUGH JULY 2008 PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. THESE VEHICLES WERE NOT EQUIPPED WITH A TRANSMISSION FLUID TEMPERATURE WARNING SYSTEM.
This concludes our Jeep Wrangler Powertrain Recall list.
We hope this made it easier to find the Jeep Wrangler Powertrain Recall you were looking for. If you are having issues with the powertrain and would like to get some feedback from someone that has had similar issues. I highly recommend the following Jeep Wrangler Forum. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/ This forum is a great tool and is also a strong pillar in the Wrangler community.
Here Is The List Of The Remaining Jeep Wrangler Recalls By Date.
- Recall # 00V366 Date: Unknown Recall: Certain passenger vehicles, pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 225, “Child Restraint Anchorage Systems.” Some of the owner’s manuals for these vehicles are missing instructions that provide a step-by-step procedure, including diagrams, for properly attaching a child restraint system’s tether strap to the tether anchorage. In the event of a crash, the child seat may not be properly attached, increasing the risk of injury to the child.
- Recall # 02V075 Date: Unknown Recall: Certain sport utility vehicles, water and impurities can enter into the ignition switch causing a short circuit that can result in a vehicle fire.
- Recall # 02V104 Date: Unknown Recall: Certain sport utility vehicles equipped with 4.0L engines, the design of the intake and exhaust manifolds could allow debris to accumulate at the #3 cylinder location, possibly resulting in a vehicle fire.
- Recall # 96V060000 Date: Unknown Recall: The air bag electronic control module software contains an error which can delay the air bag deployment in cerain crash situations.
- Recall # 99V117 Date: Unknown Recall: The left side and right side instrument panel wiring ground attachment screws could loosen over time. If the left side screw loosens, the instrument panel gauges could fail to function when the headlamps are turned on. If the right side screw loosens, the defroster blower motor could fail to function.
- Recall # 19V680000 Date: 09-25-2019 Recall: Certain 2011-2018 Jeep Wrangler right hand drive vehicles. The driver’s seat belt buckle mounting strap may fracture and separate from the seat frame.
- Recall # 19V320000 Date: 04-22-2019 Recall: Certain 2018 Jeep Wrangler vehicles sold with a roof top tent installed. The top cover of the roof top tent may crack or break, possibly resulting in the cover detaching from the vehicle while moving.
- Recall # 19V201000 Date: 03-13-2019 Recall: Certain 2019 Jeep Wrangler and 2019 Ram 1500 vehicles. These vehicles have improperly machined steering column stub shafts that may break, possibly causing the steering wheel to detach from the steering column.
- Recall # 19V018000 Date: 01-15-2019 Recall: Certain 2010 Dodge Ram 3500, Ram 4500/5500, 2010-2011 Dodge Dakota, 2010-2014 Dodge Challenger, 2010-2015 Dodge Challenger, Chrysler 300, and 2010-2016 Jeep Wrangler vehicles. Upon deployment of the driver’s frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to explode.
- Recall # 18V786000 Date: 01-07-2018 Recall: Certain 2018 Jeep Wrangler four-door vehicles. The right rear passenger door latch may not be in the correct location, possibly preventing the door from latching properly.
- Recall # 18V675000 Date: 09-27-2018 Recall: Certain 2018-2019 Jeep Wrangler vehicles. The front track bar brackets may be improperly welded, which can cause the bracket to separate from the frame, reducing steering capability.
- Recall # 18V524000 Date: 08-08-2018 Recall: Certain 2018 Jeep Renegade, Compass and Grand Cherokee, RAM 1500 and Promaster, Fiat 500x, Dodge Journey, Challenger, Charger and Durango and Chrysler 300x vehicles, 2017-2018 Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town and Country vehicles and 2018-2019 Jeep Cherokee and Chrysler Pacifica vehicles. The powertrain control module may be equipped with a voltage regulator chip in the circuit board that may fail, causing a stall or a no start condition.
- Recall # 18V343000 Date: 05-24-2018 Recall: Certain 2018 Jeep Wrangler vehicles. The intermediate steering shaft may not have been properly welded causing a split where the external spline is formed.
- Recall # 18V332000 Date: 05-16-2018 Recall: Certain 2014-2018 Dodge Journey, Charger and Durango, RAM 2500, 3500, 3500 Cab Chassis (more than 10,000lb), 4500 Cab Chassis and 5500 Cab Chassis, Jeep Cherokee and Grand Cherokee and Chrysler 300, 2014-2019 RAM 1500, 2015-2018 Dodge Challenger, 2015-2017 Chrysler 200, 2016-2018 RAM 3500 Cab Chassis (less than 10,000 lb), 2017-2018 Chrysler Pacifica and 2018 Jeep Wrangler vehicles. These vehicles are being recalled to address a defect that could prevent the cruise control system from disengaging. If, when using cruise control, there is a short circuit within the vehicle’s wiring, the driver may not be able to shut off the cruise control either by depressing the brake pedal or manually turning the system off once it has been engaged, resulting in either the vehicle maintaining its current speed or possibly accelerating.
- Recall # 18V231000 Date: 04-11-2018 Recall: Certain 2018 Jeep Wrangler vehicles. The rear under body ladder rail may corrode, possibly reducing the strength of the rear floor pan and causing the left rear seat mount to become loose.
- Recall # 18V098000 Date: 02-07-2018 Recall: Certain 2017 Dodge Caravan and Jeep Wrangler vehicles. The brake switches on these vehicles may malfunction, keeping the brake lights illuminated and/or allowing the vehicle to be shifted out of the PARK position without the brake pedal being pushed.
- Recall # 18V021000 Date: 01-09-2018 Recall: Certain 2009-2013 Jeep Wrangler, Chrysler 300, Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger vehicles, and 2009-2011 Dodge Dakota vehicles sold, or ever registered, in the states of Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands or “Zone A.” Additionally, Chrysler is recalling certain 2009-2010 RAM 4500 Cab Chassis, RAM 5500 Cab Chassis, RAM 3500 Cab Chassis, Jeep Wrangler, Chrysler 300, Dodge Dakota, Dodge Challenger, and Dodge Charger vehicles ever registered in the states of Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia or “Zone B.” Chrysler is also recalling certain 2009 RAM 3500, RAM 2500, RAM 4500 Cab Chassis, RAM 5500. An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
- Recall # 16V849000 Date: 11-22-2016 Recall: Certain model year 2017 Jeep Wrangler vehicles manufactured November 1, 2016, to November 3, 2016. The affected vehicles may have a fuel tank that has a cracked or broken control valve, possibly resulting in a fuel leak in a rollover event, debris in the fuel tank and/or the potential of over fueling the vehicle.
- Recall # 16V734000 Date: 10-12-2016 Recall: Certain model year 2016-2017 Jeep Wrangler vehicles manufactured June 16, 2015, to August 14, 2016. In certain crash conditions, the front impact sensor wiring may be pulled until it detaches before a signal can be received by the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC).
- Recall # 16V352000 Date: 05-24-2016 Recall: Certain model year 2004-2008 RAM 1500, 2005-2009 RAM 2500, 2006-2009 RAM 3500, 2007-2010 RAM 3500 Cab Chassis, 2008-2010 RAM 4500 and 5500 Cab Chassis, 2004-2009 Dodge Durango, 2007-2009 Chrysler Aspen, 2007-2012 Jeep Wrangler, 2008-2012 Dodge Challenger, 2005-2008 Dodge Magnum, 2005-2012 Chrysler 300, 2006-2012 Dodge Charger, 2005-2011 Dodge Dakota, and 2006-2009 Mitsubishi Raider vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in AL, CA, FL, GA, HI, LA, MS, SC, TX, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands, or “Zone A.” Additionally, unless included in “Zone A” above, Chrysler is also recalling 2004-2008 RAM 1500, 2005-2009 RAM 2500, 2006-2009 RAM 3500, 2007-2009 RAM 3500 Cab Chassis, 2008-2009 RAM 4500 and 5500 Cab Chassis, 2004-2009 Dodge Durango, 2007-2009 Chrysler Aspen, 2007-2009 Jeep Wrangler, 2008-2009 Dodge Challenger, 2005-2008 Dodge Magnum, 2005-2009 Chrysler 300, 2006-2009 Dodge. These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules, and used as original equipment or replacement equipment. These inflators may rupture due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling. An inflator rupture may result in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
- Recall # 16V290000 Date: 05-11-2016 Recall: Certain model year 2007-2010 Jeep Wrangler JK vehicles manufactured March 2, 2006, to August 13, 2010. The clockspring assembly may become contaminated with dust and cause the air bag circuit to fail.
- Recall # 16V288000 Date: 05-10-2016 Recall: Certain model year 2011-2016 Right Hand Drive Jeep Wrangler vehicles manufactured February 16, 2010, to May 2, 2016. The clockspring assembly may become contaminated with dust and cause the air bag circuit to fail.
- Recall # 14V631000 Date: 10-08-2014 Recall: Certain certain model year 2011-2013 Jeep Wrangler vehicles manufactured February 16, 2010, to July 19, 2013. Corrosion in the exterior heated power mirror electrical connector may result in an electrical short.
- Recall # 14V632000 Date: 10-07-2014 Recall: Certain model year 2014 Chrysler Town and Country and Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles manufactured March 20, 2014, to April 22, 2014, and 2014 Jeep Wrangler vehicles manufactured March 21, 2014, to April 22, 2014. Due to a software error, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) may fail to learn the locations of the individual sensors while the vehicle is being driven. As a result, the low tire pressure warning light will illuminate, despite the the tire pressures being within specification. Should one of the tires lose air pressure, the driver would not be notified of the change in air pressure. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 138, “Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems.”
- Recall # 13V176000 Date: 05-07-2013 Recall: Certain model year 2008-2012 Jeep Wrangler right-hand drive vehicles manufactured February 1, 2007, through October 10, 2011. The affected vehicles have airbag clockspring assemblies that could experience broken airbag circuits.
- Recall # 11V528000 Date: 11-01-2011 Recall: CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2008-2012 RIGHT HAND DRIVE (RHD) JEEP WRANGLER VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM FEBRUARY 1, 2007, THROUGH OCTOBER 10, 2011. SOME VEHICLES MAY BE EQUIPPED WITH DRIVER’S AIRBAG CLOCKSPRING ASSEMBLIES THAT COULD EXPERIENCE A COMPROMISED AIRBAG CIRCUIT RESULTING IN AN AIRBAG LAMP ILLUMINATION, WHICH INDICATES THAT THE AIRBAG MAY NOT DEPLOY.
- Recall # 10V315000 Date: 07-07-2010 Recall: CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010 LEFT HAND DRIVE JEEP LIBERTY, DODGE NITRO AND RAM 1500 TRUCK; RIGHT AND LEFT HAND DRIVE JEEP WRANGLER VEHICLES. THESE VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN BUILT WITH AN IMPROPERLY FORMED MASTER CYLINDER TO HYDRAULIC CONTROL UNIT (HCU) BRAKE TUBE ASSEMBLY END FLARE.
- Recall # 10V236000 Date: 06-01-2010 Recall: CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2006 THROUGH 2010 JEEP WRANGLER PASSENGER VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM MAY 15, 2006 THROUGH AUGUST 9, 2010. THERE MAY BE CONTACT BETWEEN THE RIGHT AND LEFT FRONT INNER FENDER LINERS AND THE RIGHT FRONT AND LEFT REAR BRAKE TUBES WHICH COULD CAUSE WEAR OF THE TUBES CAUSING A BRAKE FLUID LEAK.
- Recall # 09E044000 Date: 07-08-2009 Recall: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING 308 AFTERMARKET MOPAR TOW BAR ASSEMBLIES, P/N 82209758, SOLD DURING 2007 AND 2008 CALENDAR YEAR WHICH ARE USED TO TOW MY 2007 AND 2008 JEEP WRANGLER VEHICLES.
- Recall # 08V202000 Date: 05-05-2008 Recall: Certain CHRYSLER IS RECALLING 1,585 MY 2007-2008 JEEP WRANGLER, RIGHT HAND DRIVE ONLY, VEHICLES. SOME VEHICLES MAY HAVE INSUFFICIENT CLEARANCE BETWEEN THE STEERING INTERMEDIATE SHAFT AND REAR BRAKE TUBES.
- Recall # 07V434000 Date: 09-11-2007 Recall: ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, THE SOFTWARE PROGRAMMED INTO THE ABS ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULE MAY ALLOW A MOMENTARY DELAY IN BRAKING WHEN COASTING UP A HILL DURING CERTAIN CONDITIONS.
- Recall # 07V291000 Date: 07-03-2007 Recall: ON CERTAIN VEHICLES, THE TOTALLY INTEGRATED POWER MODULE (TIPM) WAS PROGRAMMED WITH SOFTWARE THAT MAY ALLOW THE ENGINE TO STAFF UNDER CERTAIN OPERATING CONDITIONS.
This concludes our Jeep Wrangler Recall list. We hope it was easy for you to navigate through.
Will A Recall Effect Your Wrangler Warranty
Most recalls are continually honored by your dealership. The dealer will generally just want to perform the recall and get you on your way. Will a recall effect your Wrangler warranty? To answer this, no a recall will not effect your warranty or the ability of you getting a warranty. If you would like to know more about a Jeep Warranty please visit our main site.
Get An Instant Jeep Warranty Quote
Your Jeep Wrangler may qualify for an extended warranty. Don’t wait until its to late. Visit our site and Get an instant Jeep Warranty Quote. You can also call 855-730-1290 and let one of our Jeep Warranty Specialist help find the right warranty for you.
Jeep Wrangler Extended Warranty Options
Here we will go over your Jeep Wrangler Extended Warranty Options. Being a SUV the high dollar powertrain should be your main concern. Mopar Powertrain Plus will take care of this at a really fair price. If you are lookin for a little better coverage and are ok excluding some of the smaller items you should consider the Mopar Added Care Plus. If you want to pay the little extra and know that most everything is covered you want to go with the Mopar Maximum Care. All of these plans have a large list of components that are covered. To help with questions you can find printable brochures below.
For More Info On A Jeep Warranty Visit Our Main Jeep Warranty Site at: Jeep Extended Warranty
Thanks For Visiting Our Site. We Hope We Delivered Some Value With This Post
Other Recall Resources from Chrysler Factory Warranty