Jeep Compass Recall
If you have owned a vehicle in the last 10 years, then you have most likely received a recall through the mail at some point. The Jeep Compass is no different when it comes to a recall. We have put together a list of the majority of the Jeep Compass Recalls up to this date for you. Your Jeep Compass Recalls can affect the way a vehicle performs or handles. A recall could also be a safety concern. Either way you want to always address any open recalls. Here is a list of all the recalls we could find on a Compass to date. For a general list of safety recalls, you can visit any Jeep Dealership near you. Use this great tool to locate a Dealer near you. https://www.autotrader.com/car-dealers
Jeep Compass Powertrain Recall
Some of the most searched for recalls are in regard to the Jeep Powertrain. Below we have tried to break out all the different types of Jeep Compass Powertrain Recall. This should make it easier to see if your Jeep Powertrain has any. If you are having problems with your Jeeps Powertrain and do not see a relevant recall, you can check to see if your covered under the Jeep Powertrain Warranty.
- Recall # 17V301000 Date: 2017-05-08 Recall: Chrysler is recalling certain 2017 Jeep Compass vehicles equipped with a 6-speed transmission. The left front half shaft may not be properly seated, and, as a result, it may disengage from the transmission and/or break.
- Recall # 08V528000 Date: 2008-10-07 Recall: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING 712 MY 2009 SEBRING, DODGE CALIBER, AVENGER, JOURNEY, JEEP PATRIOT, AND COMPASS VEHICLES. A NEW ADHESIVE USED IN THE POWER TRAIN CONTROL MODULE MANUFACTURING PROCESS CAN CAUSE THE PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD TO BREAK.
This Concludes our Jeep Compass Powertrain Recall list.
We hope this made it easier to find the Jeep Compass Powertrain Recall you were looking for. If you are having issues with the powertrain and would like to get some feedback from someone that has had similar issues. I highly recommend the following Jeep Compass Forum. My Jeep Compass Forum – This forum is a great tool and is also a strong pillar in the Compass community.
Here Is The List Of The Remaining Jeep Compass Recalls By Date.
- Recall # 18V524000 Date: 2018-08-08 Recall: Chrysler is recalling certain 2018 Jeep Renegade, Compass and Grand Cherokee, RAM 1500 and ProMaster, Fiat 500x, Dodge Journey, Challenger, Charger and Durango and Chrysler 300x vehicles, 2017-2018 Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town and Country vehicles and 2018-2019 Jeep Cherokee and Chrysler Pacifica vehicles. The powertrain control module may be equipped with a voltage regulator chip in the circuit board that may fail, causing a stall or a no start condition.
- Recall # 18V523000 Date: 2018-08-08 Recall: Chrysler is recalling certain 2018-2019 Dodge Grand Caravan and Jeep Compass, 2018 Dodge Journey, and 2019 Jeep Cherokee vehicles. The rear brake caliper pistons on these vehicles may have an insufficient coating causing gas pockets to form, potentially reducing rear brake performance.
- Recall # 18V279000 Date: 2018-04-30 Recall: Chrysler is recalling certain 2018 Jeep Compass vehicles. The front lower control arms may be incorrectly welded, potentially resulting in a control arm separation.
- Recall # 17V824000 Date: 2017-12-21 Recall: Chrysler is recalling various Dodge, Chrysler, and RAM vehicles equipped with Kidde Plastic-Handle or Push Button ‘Pindicator’ Fire Extinguishers. These extinguishers may become clogged, preventing the extinguisher from discharging as expected or requiring excessive force to activate the extinguisher. Additionally, in certain models, the nozzle may detach from the valve assembly with enough force that it could cause injury and also render the product inoperable.
- Recall # 17V732000 Date: 2017-11-20 Recall: Chrysler is recalling certain 2018 Jeep Compass vehicles. The passenger side air bag assembly may have inflator mounting nuts loose within the module assembly.
- Recall # 17V740000 Date: 2017-11-20 Recall: Chrysler is recalling certain model year 2017-2018 Jeep Compass vehicles. The brightness of the backlighting for the Instrument Panel Cluster cannot be adjusted. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 101, “Controls and Displays.”
- Recall # 17V670000 Date: 2017-10-23 Recall: Chrysler is recalling certain 2018 Jeep Cherokee and Compass vehicles equipped with 2.4L engines. The engines may have a cracked oil pump housing that can result in oil pump failure.
- Recall # 17V433000 Date: 2017-07-06 Recall: Chrysler is recalling certain 2017 Jeep Compass vehicles. The affected vehicles have User’s Guides that contain incorrect information regarding the jump start procedure, specifically, the polarity of the battery terminals are reversed in the battery terminal graphic.
- Recall # 16V907000 Date: 2016-12-15 Recall: Chrysler is recalling certain model year 2016 Dodge Journey, Jeep Compass, and Jeep Patriot vehicles manufactured May 9, 2016, to July 15, 2016. The crankshaft or camshaft sensor may only work intermittently, causing the engine to stall.
- Recall # 16V668000 Date: 2016-09-15 Recall: Chrysler is recalling certain model year 2011-2014 Chrysler 200, 2010 Chrysler Sebring, 2010-2012 Dodge Caliber and 2010-2014 Jeep Patriot, Compass and Dodge Avenger vehicles. The Occupant Restraint Control module may short circuit, preventing the frontal air bags, seat belt pretensioners, and side air bags from deploying in the event of a crash.
- Recall # 15V878000 Date: 2015-12-22 Recall: Chrysler is recalling certain model year 2015 Jeep Compass and Patriot vehicles manufactured January 1, 2015, to May 11, 2015. During assembly, the power steering hose retention clamp may have been installed at an incorrect location, resulting in the detachment of the low pressure return hose.
- Recall # 13V552000 Date: 2013-11-05 Recall: Chrysler Group LLC is recalling certain model year 2013 Dodge Avenger and Chrysler 200, and model year 2014 Jeep Compass and Patriot vehicles equipped with 2.4L engines. Due to abrasive debris in the balance shaft bearings, these engines may have a loss of engine oil pressure, possibly resulting in an engine stall or engine failure.
- Recall # 13V233000 Date: 2013-06-04 Recall: Chrysler Group LLC is recalling certain model year 2010-2012 Jeep Compass and Patriot vehicles manufactured May 6, 2008, through July 20, 2012. The affected vehicles have a software error which may result in a delayed deployment or non-deployment of the seatbelt pre-tensioners and/or side airbags.
- Recall # 13V120000 Date: 2013-04-03 Recall: Chrysler Group LLC is recalling certain model year 2012 Jeep Patriot and Compass vehicles manufactured October 18, 2011, through May 7, 2012. Due to an incorrectly manufactured transfer tube, the transfer of fuel from the secondary side to the primary side of the fuel tank may be interrupted, causing the engine to stall.
- Recall # 12V142000 Date: 2012-04-02 Recall: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2012 JEEP PATRIOT AND COMPASS VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM DECEMBER 17, 2011, THROUGH JANUARY 2, 2012. SOME VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN BUILT WITH A FUEL TANK ASSEMBLY CONTAINING A DAMAGED ROLL-OVER VALVE.
- Recall # 11V315000 Date: 2011-06-07 Recall: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011DODGE JOURNEY, JEEP WRANGLER, CHRYSLER 200, CHRYSLER 200 CONVERTIBLE, DODGE AVENGER, DODGE NITRO, JEEP LIBERTY, DODGE CALIBER, JEEP COMPASS, JEEP PATRIOT, DODGE GRAND CARAVAN AND CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY VEHICLES. SOME OF THESE VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN BUILT WITH A MISSING OR INCORRECTLY INSTALLED STEERING COLUMN PIVOT RIVET.
- Recall # 10E043000 Date: 2010-09-02 Recall: MARATHON IS RECALLING CERTAIN SEAT COVERS, BRAND SUPERHIDES WITH PART NUMBERS 593, 594, 578, 960, 228, 228-09, 267-08, 333, 625, AND 630, SOLD FOR USE AS AFTERMARKET EQUIPMENT FOR VARIOUS PASSENGER VEHICLES. THESE SEAT COVERS ARE MADE OF HEAVIER THREAD AND ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SEATS CONTAINING SIDE AIRBAGS. THE HEAVIER SEAT COVER COULD INTERFERE WITH FULL DEPLOYMENT OF THE AIRBAG IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH.
- Recall # 07V196000 Date: 2007-05-01 Recall: CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH REAR DISC BRAKES FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD (FMVSS) NO. 135, “LIGHT VEHICLE BRAKE SYSTEMS.” THE LENGTH OF THE REAR WHEEL HUB MOUNTING BOLTS MAY PREVENT ACTUATION OF THE PARK BRAKE.
- Recall # 06V434000 Date: 2006-11-08 Recall: ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, THE OWNER’S MANUAL DOES NOT CONTAIN THE REQUIRED HIGHER ROLLOVER RISK WARNING INFORMATION.
This concludes our Jeep Compass Recall list. We hope it was easy for you to navigate through.
Will A Recall Effect Your Jeep Warranty
Most recalls are continually honored by your dealership. The dealer will generally just want to perform the recall and get you on your way. Will a recall effect your Compass warranty? To answer this no, a recall will not affect your warranty or the ability of you getting a warranty. If you would like to know more about a Jeep Warranty, please visit our main site.
Get An Instant Jeep Warranty Quote
Your Jeep Compass may qualify for an extended warranty. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Visit our site and get an instant Jeep Warranty Quote. You can also call 855-730-1290 and let one of our Jeep Warranty Specialist help find the right warranty for you.
Jeep Compass Extended Warranty Options
Here we will go over your Jeep Compass Extended Warranty Options. Being a SUV, the high dollar powertrain should be your main concern. Mopar Powertrain Plus will take care of this at a really fair price. If you are looking for a little better coverage and are ok excluding some of the smaller items, you should consider the Mopar Added Care Plus. If you want to pay the little extra and know that most everything is covered, you want to go with the Mopar Maximum Care. All of these plans have a large list of components that are covered. To help with questions you can find printable brochures below.